Why is the OP's responses to her own posts considered answers?

Should they be counted as "answers"?

69humblepie

Asked by 69humblepie at 3:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I can see your point. It looks like the OP question is getting a lot responses but in actually her response is added to the count. I guess it's just the way it set up in the count. 

Maybe you can ask this question at  The Answer Group.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• They're highlighted so that you know they are the OP, you do not get credit for answering your own questions.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It doesn't matter. You can't pick your own response as best answer

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Did you just post again under yours? Its just they clarifing or asking another question... what is your question?
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I know, but I was just curious as to why they would be considered as answers in the first place when it might just be clarifying a point...just a thought.
    69humblepie

Comment by 69humblepie (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• example: OP asks the question. Three people post a reply. That's three "answers". Then OP makes a comment to clarify her original question, or to respond to one of the 3 posts. SO now it looks like a total of 4 people answered OP, but only 3 actually did. OP's added comment is considered an answer. Why would any of the OP's comments be included in the overall number of "answers"?

By the way, this is what I get for taking the day off work. I ain't seeming to make sense today ! LOL!
    69humblepie

Comment by 69humblepie (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't see why it matters. You dont get credit for answering your own question anyway, do you?
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• you only get credit for one question. The OP gets points for asking so no points for answering. other than that I am really not sure what you are asking. The question will still show up under the my answers link so they do count as answers just not credited answers.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I can see your point. It looks like the OP question is getting a lot responses but in actually her response is added to the count. I guess it's just the way it set up in the count. Musicmom THANK YOU for getting the point!!!!!!!!

69humblepie

Comment by 69humblepie (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2010