Allergic to my antibiotics. How do I get more?

I had a tooth pulled and my antibiotic is giving me purple welts and a rash. Where do I go to get another type of meds.? I tried calling the dentist but they're closed until Monday :(

Mrs.J.

Asked by Mrs.J. at 3:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Health

• Go to urgent care. They should be able to issue you a different prescription. Or one of those "Fast Clinics" or minute-clinics such as at Shopko, etc.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Only a doctor or dentist can get you a new prescription. Try calling their after-hours line.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• They have no call service or er number!? Did you dentist do the surgery or an oral surgeon? If it was the oral surgeon I would call them instead.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• The problem is, Dh was late for work so he missed his ride and so he has the car today.
    If he gets off on time (before 5, which is highly unlikely) I will go to Urgent Care.

Thank you all for your responses!
    Mrs.J.

Comment by Mrs.J. (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would definitely stop taking that and call afterhours care or go to urgent care that is open into the evening when DH gets home. Feel Better
    PeytonLola

Answer by PeytonLola at 3:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2010