Are we ever going to be on the same page...

My husband and I have been together for 6 years...we do not agree on hardly anything, we bicker about stupid things all the time, in general we piss each other off all the time. He's unhappy, I'm unhappy, but we still try to make it work. Today was just a bad day, how do you have a relationship with someone when you have nothing in common and you just do and say things differently??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I have a GREAT book I'd love to suggest.... however it's written by a Christian and rubs a lot of women the wrong way. If you'd like to know the title, and read an excerpt, you can message me =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I know what you're saying, to an extent, although we're not married. When we 1st got together, I didn't think it was going work. After our son was born, I didn't think it was going to work,(not all the time, but it just didn't seem like we had much in common, & we really didn't!) - BUT I knew there was SOMETHING there. We have done ALOT of talking about likes/dislikes, etc. After 6 years, I think we might be a match! (lol) Sometimes you have to compromise, even if you don't like the fact, otherwise it won't work. I've learned that! We have also argued over alot of stupid stuff. Do you get to do much together?,(do you want to?). I don't have much advice, but wanted you to know I know what you mean. Good luck- I hope things get better & work out for you!
    Anonymous

• We just kinda stumbled upon each other and I got pregnant right away, so got to kow each other after that...we found we do not get along that great. We do not get to spend a ton of time together, but when we do we usually end up fighting. Its hard to do fun things because our idea's of fun are different...sometimes I feel hopeless...
    Anonymous

• I have two suggestions. www.marriagemax.com and www.joelandkathy.com. Both or either can help.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 8:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• First, I had to check to see if I had been the one who had posted this question earlier in the day, and just hadn't remembered... *lol*... kidding, of course! I am actually taking a relationship class right now, and we are learning that there are two kinds of choices in life... decisions and slides. Are you both still with each other because you want to be, or because you are afraid of the risk involved with change? :-) Either way, you have a valid argument... you just need to decide what you are willing to live with. After all, perhaps you both thrive on the constant challenges!!! ;-)
    Anonymous

• Wow you sound just like me and my husband. We had only been hanging for maybe 2 months when I got prego and we have nothing in common and have a hard time doing things together because we like totally different things.It worries me because we have only been married for a year and a half. But we really love each other and are trying to learn to compromise. Its been a tough 2 years though so I know exactly how you feel. Wish I could offer some advice but I'm still struggling myself.
    JoonBug21

Answer by JoonBug21 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• do you have the option of moving to another city? I know it sounds weird but my hubby and I were on the verge of divorce and we moved out of state and the change of scenery and getting away from the friends and family that caused stress saved our marriage. or maybe you could try a counselor, you just have to make yourself not be upset by anything he says there! it's hard, but being honest will help.
    AprilMosco

Answer by AprilMosco at 9:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• we have stuff in common but not alot and we fight every day.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2008