Anyone else come from a shitty family?

My family is the worst family ever. They are all selfish and family doesn't mean shit to them. They play favorites. Treat some family members great no matter how much shit they put the other though and treat the ones who are good and helpful like shit. Date pedophiles so my kids can't come over and it breaks my kids heart that I have to keep them away. And some of them live in a different state and when they come up here for a weekend my kids never get to see them because they hang out with their friends instead of trying to see any of their family. It just makes me so mad and it hurts because I want to have a close loving relationship with my family, I want my kids to have that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes. My family sucks.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have a partially shitty family, if that helps? My brother who is my half brother (same mom different dad) has my fathers ashes (not his father) and will not give them to me!
    MomTo3Little1s

Answer by MomTo3Little1s at 3:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My husband family sucks! I have a very small family but talk all the time, live in different states though. Husbands family all lives in this state and all of them just suck.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Don't feel bad it's in every family, they all have this in some way shape or form. Not all of them, seem that way, and you should feel safe at some point just knowing it's your family that's important. Have a church mindset and keep ties with them. Go to activities revolved around church and centered in God.
    It's worth the effort. Most people can see that groups and events in church have impacts that last our entire whole life.
    Just start to go to one. God is in this and everyone will respect each other.
    Anonymous

• You're not alone, and though I won't go into it, I'm sure you and I could one-up eachother with stories all day long over whose family is worse. I don't consider them FAMILY. They're relatives.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sometimes, it just aint there. Its better for your kids not to be around these family members, bc they will possibly do more harm then good. I have been there as well. My family moved 3000 miles away and my kids never have gotten to know their grandparents or auntie. In my book, its all for the best. Rather have them at a countries length then close by spreading their negative garbage to my kids and I.
    Anonymous

• Don't you mean "extended family"? Because YOUR family is your children and SO. Make YOUR home happy and safe and a place that everyone wants be. I understand your pain, but you cannot control other people's actions, only your own. (I've been exactly where you are, and that's how I cope). Hope this helps.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sometimes I feel as though my family is shitty. Then I sit back and think and realize it really isnt as bad as some other families. I just try to distance them from me. My family now is just my daughter and her dad occassionally and thats all we need.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Unfortunatly yes, so I don't talk to any of them. My life is alot better now that i don't have them beating me down. Good luck.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have a large family and so does my husband. There are good and bad people/situations, I just focus on the good and don't give too much time to the bad. I don't worry too much about how I would like them to be or wishing they were different they are who they are. I only spend my energy nuturing the good and that is all that is important. My dd is grown now and I think she feels part of a close loving family. Even if she isn't that way with ALL of them.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2010