How do I get a staing made by and oil based sun block spray out of my couch?

Over the summer my we had gone to the pool and brought the sun block for re-application purposes. It was in the diaper bag. We get home and my SO sits on the diaper bag and doesn't really that they whole time his but and the couch are getting drenched with the sun block spray (why would he sit on the diaper bag? I have no clue) So it leaves this oil spot in the cushion, I can't take the cover off. It's made of microfiber.... can anyone help?

MomTo3Little1s

Asked by MomTo3Little1s at 3:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Is it a fresh stain or old?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Weirdly enough, I've always heard that dish soap, such as Dawn (per their slogan... "It get's the grease out"... lol), works pretty well for oil and grease stains. Maybe give that a try:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Try putting some Dawn dish soap on it and use a toothbrush, move in small circles. Wipe it off with wet towel. Might help.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yeah I would try dawn or even dishwasher granules.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Lemon juice, or vinegar if dawn doesn't help, and even just soap like dial, safeguard, dove, any bar soap. It takes dirt off of anything. Grease, and mud, black grease too.
    Anonymous