Have you ever owned or used a Sleep Number bed or a Temper Pedic bed?

If so, what did you think of it?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 3:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We have had a Sleep Number bed for about 3 years, and we really like it. My husband especially likes it because he has had a bad back for years, and he is now having a lot fewer problems with that. Our daughter and son-in-law have a Temperpedic and they are very satisfied with it, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We have a sleep number bed. I think it's the P5 or P6? We like it because we would never agree on our mattress firmness, and the one we have has a pillow top so it feels just like a regular mattress to me. It took me about a week or so to find the number I like best. They give you an idea of what it is in the store, but it's good to try it for a few days and adjust it slightly if it's not quite right for you. We looked at Temper Pedic beds, but my husband gets really hot while he sleeps, so he didn't think he would like them. I thought they seemed comfortable though.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My husband and I bought a Tempur-Pedic after my Rheumatologist recommended it for my Fibromyalgia. We LOVE it! I especially like the fact that he can get up without disturbing me, unlike with our old mattress. Plus, it is super comfortable. Rather expensive, but very much worth the money!
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 3:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• HATE HATE HATE my sleep number bed... biggest pita... soooooo not worth the money.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• While I don't have a sleep number bed (yet) I have slept on one at a Radisson hotel and I really liked it. I do have 2 family members (sil, and an uncle) who have sleep number beds and they (and their spouses) love it. I am hoping that one of these days hubs and I will replace our bed with a sleep number... I have been 'dropping hints' to him about it....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We have a Tempur Pedic bed and love it
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We've had our Tempur Pedic for about 3 years and like it. My husband, who has some back issues, sleeps much better on it than on our previous innerspring set.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We have a tempurpedic matters and we love it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We had a sleep number bed, they are suppose to last 10 to 20 years the pillow top on ours only last about 3 years and they said it wasn't in warranty anymore. It was ok, but if we had a king size and we you have relations with your partner you have to be careful of the inflation on with side of the bed you are on and be careful to not fall in the cavern between the sides. We have sleep in a temperpedic mattress and hated it, it retains your body heat, neither of us sleep the night we were in it, we were sweating to bad. We have gone back to an innerspring mattress and love it.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 7:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2010