Having sharp pain in my left lower stomach and I'm 7 weeks pregnant! Is this normal?

K_Dawn82

Asked by K_Dawn82 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You've got ligaments and stuff stretching to make room for your growing uterus so it's perfectly normal. Google 'round ligament pain' and you'll probably find a lot of forums with women going through or having gone through the same thing. If you're worried though, don't hesitate to bring it up with your doctor.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• round ligament at 7 weeks?? seems a bit too soon. call the doctor.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• 7 wks and abdominal pains is perfectly normal. If you start seeing spotting, while this can also be normal, it's also a sign of something being wrong, so do consult your doctor. I'm 14 wks, and I've been having pains, cramps, etc since I was first late for my period. They do tend to bounce around, but it is usually just gas. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• If it's really bad, or lasts more than a couple of days, or gets increasingly worse, or you start getting nauseous with it, get to the ER - there's always a chance that a pregnancy is ectopic, and if an ectopic pregnancy goes too far it can burst your fallopian tube, and either way it requires surgery. If something doesn't feel right, or if you're worried, call your doc/ob immediately - it's why they're there, and why they have phones.
    Anonymous

• I don't mean to scare you but I was between 7 and 8 weeks when I found out I had an ectopic pregnancy and I had sharp lower left pain. Give your Dr. a call or if the pain is severe get to an ER right away. Ectopic aren't something to wait around and see what happens. Good luck to you! : )

Anonymous