i went to the ER today at 1pm because i was getting contractions every 5 minutes. when i got there my contractions turned into every 3- 4 minutes. WELL....... here i am with no baby! someone help me plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im still contracting every 3 minutes but i was only 1 cent dialated! has this happened to u? am i gonna have my baby soon????

TeenMom17-Mszy

Asked by TeenMom17-Mszy at 8:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you went into ER and you are more than 20 weeks along then they should have sent you to the OB department. I would go back and be seen by the OB nurses, and be checked out there. If you labor is advancing but you are not dilating they may need to give you medication to help you dilate, and if that does not work, you may need to have a C-Section. How far along are you? And have you called your doctor?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Its odd they sent you home being on a regular contraction pace like that..... hmmm i dont know I would say if i doesnt stop I would go back, try laying on your left side and see if they stop!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• they usually send you home if you're not dilating it might be awhile before you have your baby, if they get even closer definitely go back. if you wanna move things along try walking around your home.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 8:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i went into L&D when i had contractions less than 5 minutes apart. they sent me home with a sleeping pill cuz i was only 3cm. you're not in active labor until you're 4cm. i went home, fell asleep, and a couple of hours later my water broke and i went back in and i was 4cm.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• stay calm. breathe through ur contractions. just concentrate on your breaths. if you can, walk as much as you can while you are at home. once you are admitted they may not let you walk in the halls. walking will help your labor. your baby may come today or tomorrow.

Good Luck!
    Congratulations in advance!
    lilbabie85

Answer by lilbabie85 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i went through over 60 hrs of labor and only got to 3. for 24 hrs of it my contractions were 1-2 min apart. walk around and relax if possible you will get there
    GOOD LUCK
    AND CONGRATS.
    Anonymous

• i had contractions like that for 2 weeks.. told me i would have my baby in a day or 2... funny how he didnt come till 40 weeks and 4 days!!!
    macklyn

Answer by macklyn at 8:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Try to rest as much as possible, stay hydrated, eat some protein and rest some more. Walk a little, but mostly save your energy, because you are close.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 8:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Wait, did they just send you home or did you go to L&D? You should call your own OB (I know at this time they might be closed BUT they have an answering service and they can call the on-call OB and have him call you) .. and he will more than likely send you up to L&D to be 100% checked out. If they did, then obviously they didn't think you were ready. (Don't you love how they think they are God and know everything? Hehe.) Anyway, drink a lot of water, start to walk around the house if it's too chilly outside and try and get some sleep. If you take a nap or sleep until the morning and they are still like that, go back, you might be dilated more! Good luck and congratulations, don't stress, you'll be fine and so will the baby! :)
    NMRx

Answer by NMRx at 8:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• They like for you to be at least 1-2 cm, and of course having contractions 1-2 minutes apart,
    they call that ACTIVE LABOR, and they see if your thinning and things like that,

i know we beleive its 3-4 minutes apart,....but its not,
    and you know...its kind of a bad and good thing,
    they dont want us to stay longer than needed but...they sometimes rush to put us out the darn door ....
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2008