Disney World

Would you take your kids out of school to go to Disney World?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 3:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Oh, please don't- when people say "school work can be made up" it is at the expense of the teacher and other students- we have kids pulled for vacation and its hard to catch them up on special projects we are working on- I hardly have the time to get my planning and grading done for my classes and to burden a teacher and other students because you want to vacation yet make sure your child doesn't miss being in the play or making that project is just not right. We have kids miss because of illness, family issues or a very, very special trip (Grandmas Bday) and that is fine- but to pull them out so you can save a few bucks by going during "off peak" is not a great excuse!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I agree with DMac08. Family vacations are worth a few days of missed school, especially if the kids are old enough to remember it, and it's some place that's really memorable anyway! Like she said: Schoolwork can be made up.
    lyricsoprano90

Answer by lyricsoprano90 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I love the people that vote down answers because we said we would.....
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Nope, education is WAY too important. I would go on christmas break or summer!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Im not sure if you could pay me enough to go there. If Im going to pull my kids out of school for a vacation... and I have no issue doing that as long as it isnt high school... I would NOT go there.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I would pull my kids out of school for a "family vacation". It doesn't matter where. Schoolwork can be made up.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think Education is important. and i wouldnt pull them out every year, but if i wanted to take a winter vaca yes i would take them out because it would be importantnt. Not that id ever be able too afford it, but if i could i would.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 3:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• N-O, spells NO! Lol. Like kiansmom said, education is way more important ! My daughter in only in preK and I would not pull her out for a vacation during school.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No. I didn't want them to get the idea that it was fine to miss school.

Answer by Bmat at 3:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Nope! School is important, vacations can be scheduled for times when kids are on vacation or during the summer.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2010