Do you know any misogynists?

My uncle is one. Today he made a comment that"all women are not mechanically inclined" because I was having a problem fixing my cousin's son's swing(it was broken) He came over to save the day,lol,and couldn't fix it either. I took the opportunity to throw it back in his face and said"wow,you can't get it either. I guess you must be a woman!" He got pissed. I hate these guys who lump all women as weak and useless. He's been like this all my life. This was not his first asshole comment he's made.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know any per se, but I wonder if a misogynist realizes: 1) that the species would entirely die out without us, because, please, imagine a man being pregnant for nine months, then delivering. Cripe's, most men can't handle a common cold and 2) they'd starve to death in dirty underwear living in filth, because none of them can cook or clean worth a crap, unless they're gay...but that's another point altogether. Nice comeback on your uncle, by the way.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• lol thats was a good one, i have met a few of those ugh.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• YES!!! Like when I explained what was wrong with my central air unit and my dad called the Air man instead of looking at tit. And the airman didn't fix it at all and swore that nothing was wrong. And when I finally got my dad to come look at it, it turns out I was right and the bolt had come out of the squirrel cage and needed replaced. He fixed it in like a second.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I keep explaining to my FIL that while I may be a woman, I also know how to chuck wood as well or better than his son, can fix most electronic devices with a few minutes tinkering, and recognise not only that something is wrong with a vehicle, but also, often, what is wrong with it. Fortunately he's the only man in my life who's like this...but he's also 75ish and grew up in a totally different era. I forgive him his lapses.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes. more than I care to think about.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010