HOW CAN I CHANGE MY LOOK TO LOOK MORE MATURE OR MY AGE?

I'M GONNA TURN 21 NEXT MONTH AND I JUST REALIZE I STILL DRESS CHILDISH OR SHOULD I SAY LIKE A TEEN .. TO RELAX ... I WANT TO CHANGE AND LOOK A LIL MORE DRESSY BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO START..

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 8:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• watch an episode or 2 of What Not to Wear on TLC :) they give great advice
    Anonymous

• watch "what not to wear". I have gotten a lot of great tips from them on how to look more mature but still very casual. it's a great info show!
    AprilMosco

Answer by AprilMosco at 9:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'd say just dress as you are comfortable. You may not feel this way right now, but even in a short few years, you're gonna look back at yourself at 21 and think "Man! I was immature!". Just a matter of life.

There are occasions that your attire will matter besides style, of course, like job interviews. In that case, the above posters offer good advice. Try looking in the women's section instead of Juniors, too.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• iwas 25 and sill looked 16 no matter how i dressed all ways have your id.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• What not to wear is great! I'd get a nice jacket and dark jeans. That's always stylish and grown up. Accessories help too. Get rid of any kiddie handbags you have and buy a ladies purse, that's a quick fix. Congratulations on the next part of your life!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• first i would say decide your style. are you more conservative, are you edgy, colorful, earth tones. and start from their. you dont have to loose your personal sense of style to mature your look. ive recentyl matured my look, ive always been a really really edgy metal head and my look showed it..but im 24, a mommy etc. and it was time for a change. i still dress in alternative ways and do things that are not conservative or bland but have enough "kick" to them that i feel comfortable in it. an example, i love a really lady like but still edgy look, i admire ozzy osbournes wife, i love her look...find someone like that , someone you admire their look and get some inspiration from it
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• What not to wear is great.......if you're loaded and can afford all the expensive clothes they suggest. If you're on a budget, you can create a more adult wardrobe even with clothes from thrift stores. Start by buying more solid colors and calm patterns free of wacky sayings and logos. Make sure shirts come down past your waist line and fit to your body without making your boobs look like they're going to pop out. Replace super low-rise booty squeezing jeans with dress pants or jeans that meet the bottom of your shirt and hug your but without squeezing it. Accessories go a long way. Get solid colored slim belts. Choose jewelry that looks natural, like earth tones or something basic that matches or compliments your outfit instead of bling that stands out. Makeup makes a huge difference. Try to use makeup that looks natural on your face instead of makeup that stands out. Good luck! I hope this helps.
    sweetsauce

Answer by sweetsauce at 8:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008