just found out I was pregnant, & was wondering how long does it take for drugs to leave your babies system?

bettyboop438

Asked by bettyboop438 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ? What? Like did you do drugs before you found out? If you do no more, it won't be detected at birth, but, it could effect the baby development wise.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Depends on the drug and concentration - how much and how long you did it.
    Generally speaking, you don't have to worry much about think you've done up until now. If you are less than like 6 weeks, and something goes wrong, there's a solid chance your body will reject it. What is interesting is that fetus' have a period of gestation where they are particularly susceptible to damages by a particular teratogen. I'm trying to find you a chart.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 3:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• If you are asking this you shouldnt be pregnant and hope you are not pregnant.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would definitely stop doing any drugs you may have been doing now, consult a doctor about prescriptions and safety during pregnancy, etc. I'm sorry I don't have a direct answer to your question, and I wish you lots of luck during and after your pregnancy.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• To KayGia0704: At least she's asking. If she's worried, I'm sure that means that she won't be doing any drugs now that she's pregnant. How dare you judge another person for that. How is it any different from getting drunk and then taking a positive test the next day? How was she to know, and it's not her fault, assuming it was an accidental pregnancy. There's absolutely no reason for you to tell her that she doesn't deserve pregnancy, and that you "hope" she isn't pregnant just because she did drugs at one point. There's no way for you to prove that she's addicted to anything, has a problem, or is a bad person!
    lyricsoprano90

Answer by lyricsoprano90 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• First, please dont do any more drugs or drink while you are pregnant.
    The REAL question is, how far along are you, and when did you last take this drug?
    My advice is: Be upfront with your doctor about what you did and when. They arent going to turn you in. Their job is to make sure that baby comes out healthy. If you arent going to be doing this drug anymore, I wouldnt worry too much. But your Dr can run some precautionary tests to make sure the baby is ok, based on your honesty.
    OP: Dont be hard on yourself. You were just living your life,whatever it may have been, and you had no idea. As long as you stop doing those things now, things will be ok. *HUG*
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• When you say drugs, what exactly are you refering to? presciption or illicit? how long have you been taking/using? how far along are you/ do you think you are? Honey, you need to be more specific if you want clearer answers.
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2010