trust...

ive been hurt bad in all my lsat relationships. lying, cheating and abuse. now i want to try and trust again, but i cant. if we have plans and somethign comes up, or he dosent answer his phone or texts quick enough i think hes lying or cheating< new guy> im falling apart here! i just need some happy time but i cant make myself stop the worrying! anything to help me?

2boysmommy.js

Asked by 2boysmommy.js at 3:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• It may be that you need more time to heal and to process the reasons why you have been involved in so many of the same type relationships. Unless we learn from our mistakes, we tend to repeat them over and over again, so it may be that there is something about you that attracts this same type of guy time and again. There are some nice guys in the world who don't cheat, lie and abuse, so I think you should spend some time learning how to attract one of those.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• maybe. but this new guy seems totally opposite! i just dont really think i could take another blow right now
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Once you heal then you can move forward and trust again. You are still hurting from the past and that is going to continue to cause issues of mistrust.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm right there with you mama. I still have trusting issues. I say it's time to get rid of the new guy and work on yourself before getting into another relationship. If you just continue to get into relationships with lack of trust you're just punishing yourself and driving yourself crazy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Talk with him. See what happens. Its hard to learn to trust someone after you've been hurt so much. It just takes time.
    Raelynn0407

Answer by Raelynn0407 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• idk if were even really in a relationship. we go out and kiss and its fabulous and he says he wants to make things official< dating wise> but idk if im ready and i dont want to tell him no and him be a jackass! im trying to trust its jsut super ahrd
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• st ep back and get to know who you are and what you want out of life trust is a big part of a relationship i have recently been hurt and lied to so i know where wrere your coming from
    countrygirl9905

Answer by countrygirl9905 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My aunt tellsme to stop looking for Mr. Right and enjoy Mr. Right now. It's gets a little easier, just a little easier, if you enjoy male cmpany without any expectations. If he cannot accept a no, then oh well. When you are not ready, you are not ready. I posted so many relationship questions on here that I finally thought that everyone was tired of reading my posts. Take time for yourself and you will know when you are healed or close to being healed. Remember that every man is not the same and when relationships go bad, don't always blame yourself. Good luck.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 10:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• A relationship won't last without trust. The ability to trust someone is easy at first, but once someone has betrayed you by lying to you, it takes even longer to get it back.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:02 AM on Oct. 30, 2010