Will a hpt give accurate results if you are bleeding?

I have been on the pill for about 3 months plus we use the pull out method. Every now and then i miss a pill or two but since we use the pull out method too i never really worried about it. But for the last week or so i have been feeling sick every morning (but not always vomiting) and i have been very sensitive to smells. The least little thing makes me gag! Anyway, i missed my pill on Monday and i have been bleeding ever since. So that makes me think i am probably not pregnant but i wanna take a test just to be sure. So do u think i am worrying over nothing? And do u think the hpt will be accurate if i am bleeding?

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• HPT test for a certain hormone that is made only by the plecenta, so I think it will give you a correct response.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• First being the mother of a pull out baby i can tell you that is NOT birth control because the clear precum has sperm in it too, second you should probably wait til you stop bleeding to test good luck
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I asked a similar question on here about a month or so ago (my cycles are highly irregular, so I never know what's my period and what's not)...I was told that it should still give an accurate result.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 4:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Bleeding or not doesn't have anything to do with the pregnancy test. Go for it!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• bleeding or not has nothing to do with the test it'll work either way , nor does bleeding always mean your not pregnant, i had what looked to be my period for 5 months when i was pregnant with my daughter ( doc said it wasn't my period but sometimes it can look like it is)

pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 4:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010