Do you EXPECT for your lover to have sex with you whenever you want it?...If they turn you down will you be pissed or will you start assuming the worse..?

kutekel19

Asked by kutekel19 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• No I don't expect sex whenever I want it. Being denied regularly or with no apparent reason would hurt my feelings a bit & make me wonder if he is not attracted to me anymore or getting it elsewhere, but other than that I know that sometimes guys aren't in the mood just like women.
    Anonymous

• I used to be the one that was turned down by hubby and yes, it hurt my feelings ALOT! He's 10 years older than I so our sex drives are totally different. So, I've had to adjust my sex drive to make our marriage work.
    And guess what? After years of not getting as much sex as I'd like, I'm the one putting him off now! How about that? Strange, isn't it? I think that after he figured out that I wasn't approaching him anymore about making love, he may have thought I didn't want him anymore. So now he's all over me and I'm not even hinting about sex! I love it!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 12:18 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• if i offer it i get turned down...he offers it it seems like i must or he gets mad...me no offer no more=him suffer...lmao
    unhappymomma

Answer by unhappymomma at 7:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I used to get turned down sometimes when I offered, so I quit offering. I hardly ever turn him down, though. But now he says that he gets tired of always making the first move. I told him its because I got tired of offering and he would not be in the mood. He is 8 yrs younger than I am.
    Neither one of us is crazy about that part much anymore. (Sometimes we are, though, we aren't dead. lol) But our marriage isn't based on that. So I guess its ok as long as one of us isn't feeling left out. Right?
    JESUSchic

Answer by JESUSchic at 9:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I try to be understanding. When we go through a dry spell, I over think it and come to bad conclusions in my head. Stress plays a huge part in this, just try to see it from his side.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:18 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• i used to get a little upset whenever my SO would turn me down, and iwould start to feel that he was either getting bored of me or that he was no longer turned on by me. i talked to him and let him know how it made me feel, and he reassured me that it had nothing at all to do with me. i very rarely get turned down now!!
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• in 13 years i've said no twice and once was after childbirth adn once was after my hystorectomy so he'd damn well better not tell me no unless he wants to push out a baby or undergo surgery. i even did it through violent morning sickness...but hes never said no eihter...hmmm...maybe we're just horny bastards?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2008