Specific chores?

Do you and your DH/SO have specific chores that you each do around the house/yard or do you each just do whatever needs to be done?
I do all indoor chores and the majority of yard work, DH takes care of snow plowing (not shoveling, I do that) and car repair.

tony1638

Asked by tony1638 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• SO does the yard work and stuff, the entire house is all up to me
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• He handles the yard work and we take turns with the inside work for example if i clean the kitchen 2 days in a row then he cleans 2 days in a row :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We tried the I do indoor chores and dh the outdoor chores. I found it to be totally ANNOYING!! There are soooo many indoor chores that have to be done on a regular basis and outdoor stuff is like once a week if that. So now we take turns doing everything that way we don't get sick of always having to do the same thing. Plus it makes you appreciate what the other will do.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We have our areas of expertise, but we help each other out, too. The goal is just to get the things done that need doing. I help in the yard, and he will wash dishes or cook a meal if he needs to. If I'm running short of time, and I need the vacuuming to be done, he will do that for me. I take the cars in for oil changes when he is too busy at work to take time off to get it done. Every couple has to learn what works for them. We been married almost 46 years and are still learning. I think the key is to not have too high expectations of what your spouse should be doing and to ask for help, rather than demanding it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• He brings home a pay check, I do the rest or pay someone to do the things I don't know how to do.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• He does- the floors, dinner, cars, yard

I do- everything else, and keep the family organized.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We have 2 specifics.

I handle ALL finances.
    He does laundry.

Other than those two things.. Everything is fair game, we both do whatever needs to be done when it needs to be done.

Since it's just the 2 of us at home now, there really isn't a whole lot that needs to be done all the time any more.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2010