Spaghetti recipe

So i am wanting to try somthing different with my spaghetti instead of the same old same old. Ok so usually when i make spaghetti its noodles and beef with classico sauce but this is getting rather boring. My hubby likes spaghetti but i usually don't cook alot of noodle dishes. Is there anything i can do to liven this up and make it more flavorful, such as a different meat? oh and no onions please, he does no like it. Recipes would be nice. Thanks in advance.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 4:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Try making the sauce with italian sausage, chicken or meatballs.. Also, try mixing some sour cream into your spaghetti once you put it on the plate, or you could mix it in the sauce, but try it out first on your own, lol. I always mix sour cream in with my spaghetti :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I like to buy either cheese or beef ravioli (the frozen kind in a bag). I saute a little garlic in some oil and add 1 jar of classico alfredo and 1 jar of red spaghetti sauce. I serve it in a shallow bowl..put ravioli, then the "pink" sauce and sprinkle dried basil on the top. It looks like a fancy meal made in 10 mins!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't know if you like roasted veggies, but we love eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini, and red peppers roasted in olive oil in a 400 oven for about 45 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes or so. You can throw in a couple of tomatoes too during the last 15 minutes or so. Toss with pasta. Delish.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sauce from scratch is best! Mushrooms are always good. And you can never fail with garlic. Freshly grated parm reg cheese!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 4:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have used steak with any sauce and it's really good...I have also used chicken and that is also good!! Baked spaghetti is good too....just make it like normal put it in a pan with mozz cheese on top and bake it until the cheese is melted!

TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• try baked ziti, it's like spaghetti just a little different.

cook ziti noodles to al dente. meanwhile, mix ricotta cheese in a bowl with 1/2 package of mozzerella cheese, 1/2 jar of pasta sauce, seasonings to taste, and grated parmesan. once the noodles are cooked, mix in a baking pan with the ricotta cheese mixture. also mix in remaining sauce, so it doesn't dry out. cover and bake for about half an hour. sprinkle with remaining mozzerella about 10 minutes before baking time is over.

and sometimes ill use spaghetti sauce and add cooked red, green and yellow peppers and onion (which you can omit) and garlic, and toss that with any kind of cooked noodle.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Italian Sausage, beef or pork ribs. Add different seasonings. You can also go without a red sauce and make alfredo or garlic butter (I melt a stick of butter, a few tablespoons of olive oil and chopped garlic until foamy and pour over cooked pasta.) Butter, parmesan cheese and peas are yummy too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I serve this it over broccoli (and I make double the sauce).
    Pasta with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicy)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 12:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like Pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently.