Has it happen to you?

My DH & I will be married for 3 years on Tuesday. Out of 3 yrs we have yet to actually go out and celebrate. He has a very demanding job & when hes on call 99% of the time he gets called in...I am not complaning about his job just that it seems when he has the free time we never make plans so when we do make plans they always get cancelled for one reason or another...our 1st year my DH was in rehab year 2 his sister was supposed to watch kids and screwed us over this year year 3 he is at work & has to stay after till God only knows when...has this happen to anyone else and if so what have you done to make it better

hiswifey0725

Asked by hiswifey0725 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• When we had been married only 3 years, there would have been no way we could have had a celebration because we were too poor. You can mark the day by writing him a special note and putting it inside a card. The main point of anniversaries should be to remind yourselves of why you chose each other and reaffirm that decision. The parties don't really matter than much in the grand scheme of things.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We just pick another day as schedules & child care allow & act "as if' its our special day. We do everything we would have done on that day, just on a different day.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 4:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• thanks Nanny B that helps alot really brings me back down to reality of things & your right it is to remind us of our chossing each other thank you again
    hiswifey0725

Comment by hiswifey0725 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• seems like we have never been able to, for one reason or another, mostly due to finances, and my husbands busy work schedule. Monday will be our 7th Anniversary, broke (due to adopting, been trying for 1 1/2 years and finally bringing our child home in a couple of weeks) and husband is working! We have just learned to make the best of it, after awhile other things, like our adoption, becomes more important! Have a Happy ANNIVERSARY anyway!!!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Maybe when he is home. Make time for just you two.
    my dad worked a job where he was on call 24/7 and my parents made at least 15 mins for themselves as soon as he got home for just them.
    & on there anniversary my mom would make a good dinner and when he got home no matter what time she'd wait up for him to eat with him on their anniversary and if it was a decent time they'd watch a movie.. my dad always writes her a letter every year regardless of how tired or how much he works.
    its really cute.

I hope that helped a little. Happy Anniversary!
    Raelynn0407

Answer by Raelynn0407 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Hubby and I been married 3 years too.
    Year 1 he was deployed
    Year 2 he was working
    Year 3 deployed again
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We actually don't go out for our anniversaries. We have lots of family nearby and someone will watch our dtr and we just go to my grandmothers farm and have a picnic and such. We are cheap lol
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2010