costumes

My mom sews I do not, she makes my kids Halloween costumes but only if they are good things like bees, angels, princesses, etc. should I keep this rule even when I buy the costume myself in the future and should it be a permanent rule? I ask cause right now i have 2girls and a 3rd on the way that could be a boy and i know how they like scary evil things.

puresouthern

Asked by puresouthern at 4:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Boys want to be what they are exposed to. If you don't let them watch scary cartoons and movies, they'll pick things they are familiar with. We also explain that scary costumes might scare other people. Since our boys don't like to be scared themselves, that makes perfect sense for them! We have 4 boys between 9 and 2 years old and the scariest thing anyone has chosen has been a star wars costume...
    Swanny97

Answer by Swanny97 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I let my kids be what they want, Halloween is all about fun for us.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My kids are allowed to be what they want (within reason as the girl gets older, no strippers etc.). I also make all their costumes and plan to do so until they decide they don't want me to.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Part of the fun of Halloween is being able to be what you aren't... I don't understand the issue with scary or spooky costumes, if that's what they want...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think you should allow them to choose what they want to be.. That's the whole fun of it!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010