facebook question

ok soo someone sent me a family request on facebook to list me as his daughter, and i denied it but when i went to his profile my name still poppped up,
my question is how do i change that,so that my name wont pop up on his profile
i went to privacy settings but i said nothing that had to deal with someone help me please&thanks

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 4:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• My step mother did that to me....my mom would flip if she ever saw it so I asked my father to have her delete it after i declined the request....yup it was about two months ago and my name is still there....theres nothing you can do if it's not linked to your page....its just a name and you cant control what they put on there page. although i think you should be able to.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• How do you mean it popped up on his profile?
    My hubby has done this with his Mom and Sister and I'd thought that FB had to confirm it somehow and I'd think that by you denying it, that it wouldnt happen.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 4:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I had to confirm my family members listing me for it to be a clickable link to my profile. I think they could list any names you want, but it shouldn't be linked to YOUR profile unless you approved. If someone names a family member who's not on Facebook or not approved as family, then it should only be listed in black type rather than as a blue link. That's my understanding anyway.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You should be able to ban/block him so he doesn't see you anywhere on the site, even if he goes to a friend of yours, you won't show up. I did that with my crazy ex BF because he liked to cyber stalk exes, he did it when we were together. FB actually has pretty good privacy protections, it just takes a bit of time to set it up. How CREEPY!
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 10:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010