should i be worried?

Is this something to worry about?

I've been having these really strange yet extremely painful pains that start as a dull pain in my lower back and somewhat come forward to my lower pelvic area causing a lot of pressure. They seem to continue regardless of my movement or if i change positions. I'm 24 weeks along.

Preterm labor runs in my family - my mom went into early labor with all of us kids.

Should I worry about this or do I just assume its Braxton Hicks?

Raelynn0407

Asked by Raelynn0407 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• braxton hicks shouldnt have alot of pain....id call the doc.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Call your OB now and talk to someone about it. OBs are used to getting emergency questions.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• braxton hicks are painless and usually only felt in the abdomen so yes talk to or get to a doctor ASAP to be checked because if you dialate to 4cm or more they probably wont be able to stop labor i went into early labor 3 times with my 2nd child but the 3rd time i was 4cm dialated when i got to the hospital and they couldnt stop it again
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Oh jesus.
    Raelynn0407

Comment by Raelynn0407 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would call your ob to be on the safe side or call L&D to speak with a nurse. Good luck I hope everything will be ok
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010