How do you guys feel about child leashes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• TACKY... never found one that goes with my outfit
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 4:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Not for me!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I personally find them degrading...
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 4:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I dont like them
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My child isn't an animal!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I can see why in come cases you would use them...a crowded airport or amusement part..but generally I dont like them. But I dont look down at someone who does use them.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I feel it is simply parents not doing a very good job teaching their children limits, but in some situations I can understand wanting the added security. I have never used one with mine because they were either in the sling or holding my hand in those situations I would have felt it was warranted.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• As I have said over and over again, I LOVE them! They allow children to learn to walk WITH a parent rather than having to hold on to them at all times or run away, and should they run or someone try to snach them someone still has a tether of them. For me, I would be one less son if it weren't for his harness... My children were just 14 months apart and to get to our apt. we had to park in the back of the building and walk around to the front, which was on the main road. I had my new baby in my arms, plus diaper bag, purse and all the stuff we needed for our appointment. So when my son took off toward traffic, there was little I could do to stop him... Thankfully, he had his harness on and he didn't make it to the street... I have never understood how any thing which clearly makes children safer and helps them learn boundaries at the same time, can cause such a negative reaction out of people...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have to agree with Sabrina.. although I only have one and never needed to use the harness, I have many friends who's children NEEDED them - they were "runners' some kids just are.. this helps them explore and learn, yet safely for all included. We have many functions in our community that are filled with tons of people and not enough room so I have seen them come in handy for many parents.. its not just Lazy parenting.. ugh
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have seen some that are more like a vest type thing and in favor of it if it would allow a mom to have a pleasant shopping experience so the child would be nearby and not screaming because he/she wanted to be "free". I have been in a store when a child went missing and it is truly scary!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2010