Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my DD's dad has no rights and pays no support. If i tell him hes not her father, can he still get the court to order a DNA test?

i want him as far away from her and i as possible.....i never should have even told him i was preg


Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • Doesn't matter what you say now if he wants a DNA test and can find you then he can likely get one. He will have to pay for a lawyer and everything though and that can get pricey. Is his name on the birth certificate? If so that will make it even more likely he can get a test ordered.

    Answer by aeneva at 4:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • Even if his name is on the birth cert. he can get it. All he has to do is show that you cut off contact with him and his child. Child support and visitation are two completely separate issues. One has nothing to do with the other.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • I'm sure he could, but that depends on if he want's to take responsibility

    Good luck..

    Answer by Andriya at 4:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • If he believes her to be his daughter, I'm sure he can.

    Answer by LuvBug3 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • yep... he can still get a DNA test... if he's not involved why say anything at all? why not just leave it... unless he's trying to get rights. in that case, you don't have to pay child support to have the right to see your child, so he could get rights.

    Answer by young-not-dumb at 4:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • Yes he can

    Answer by Claudiomom at 4:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • He sure can!

    Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • yes he can.
    and just so you know mothers like you make it hard for fathers who are really trying to be there and then get bashed for being deadbeats. we are going through this with SO's older children's mother.

    Answer by woodit2u at 5:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • If he hasn't signed away his legal rights as a parent he DOES have rights to her. He can get a DNA test and take you to court.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • You say he has no rights, but I'm not sure what you mean by that. He would have no rights if the child had been prooven not to be his or if his parental rights had been legally terminated. Unless it's already been prooven that she is not his child or his rights have been legally terminated then he does have the right to ask for a DNA test. Child support is a separate issue.

    Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010