Not a bashing question, just a what do you think question ?

Do you think people should be aloud do buy pop ( soda ) with food stamps ?

I mean I am not on them, and I do not even drink pop... and I didnt realize you could until my friend ( who is on them) bought 6, 24-packs of Pepsi & Mt. Dew with her foodstamps ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I think that food stamps should be for only healthy, nutritious foods, not empty calories or highly sugary or salty, or fat-laden foods.
    STEVESBELLA4EVR

Answer by STEVESBELLA4EVR at 5:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I am addicted to diet pepsi.... if I was on food stamps I would hope that I could buy it lol...

If they qualify for foodstamps then it shouldnt matter if they buy pop, candy bars and ice cream... if that is what they want to eat, so be it
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• NO
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• NO. In my state you cant. You should not be able to buy anything that has no nutritional value with food stamps. I was in this situation durring my divorce, so I am not passing judgment on anyone. I was so thankful that there was a program that allowed me to feed my son. I think there is so much that could be changed to make the system better but here they regulate what you can and can't buy with state assistance.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 5:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No, if they are on food stamps then they need to buy food. I have worked at a grocery store and am shocked and appalled at what people are allowed to buy with food stamps.

Many claim not to have money for food but still have money pay for non essentials (ie: cigarettes, liquor, manicures, pedicures etc.....). I know they qualify for them and they can do what they want but it doesn't seem right.

tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It would be nice if people made healthier choices regardless of how they pay for their groceries.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I limit myself to a 24pk of soda that lasts me about 3-4 months with my FS the rest of the time i buy juice and things like that for my kids, i usually drink tea but every now and then i want a soda thats why it lasts so long... my kids dont get any of them though.... imo, its not for anybody but the state to decide though......
    tndrhrtlvr84

Answer by tndrhrtlvr84 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• no it should only be for healthy food or at least limited, that much pop is unhealthy
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• yes
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2010