Would you buy good name brand childrens clothes at a used clothing store?

My sister and I are concidering opening a used childrens clothing store, ranging in ages from newborn to juniors. We will also sell childrens books and baby furniture. We will get the clothes through donations or garage sales. The place were interested in renting is $500 a month and is in a very good location. We've checked out other used clothing stores and they are pretty expensive for example, a baby's onece was $6 where we would only charge $2. Does this sound like a good idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• I do it all the time.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i think it is a great idea...the less the item the more i can get for my kids...
    luvinmybabis

Answer by luvinmybabis at 5:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm all about a good deal so of course!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I do. Goodwill is like a second clothing store for me. They grow out of stuff so fast,it makes more sense than buying all new. We get new shoes,socks,and underwear though.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Around here (I don't know if they are anywhere else) we have a store called Plato's Closet. They are technically a second hand store for teen and young adult clothes and whatnot. The clothes have to be in style and "gently used" or they won't take them. When I was a younger person, I LOVED to shop there... What you are talking about doesn't seem to be any different, just for kids... Sounds like a great thing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We have a Plato's Closet around here too, I sell my clothes there sometimes too. I think they are expensive, the jeans were at least $16 and sweat jackets were $20. I would sell those clothes for about $10 each at my shop.
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yep I shop at thrift stores, yard sales and consignment shops all the time for everyone in the family and to resell on ebay!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Heck yeah! I went to my local store and spent less than $60 and got over 10 pairs of jeans (some Rocawear, Sean John, Billabong, etc.) and 2 pairs of good cords!

When your boys are tweens and seem to grow a 1/2 inch overnight, replacing pants gets EXPENSIVE!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes, for sure. I have gotten things for my grandchildren at these stores and my DIL has no problem with it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have 4 boys, we buy new clothes at the start of school and if any relative gets them for Christmas. other than that i get to yard and garage sales, ARC, craigslist, swap them with friends...... i only buy used. even my own clothes are rarely ever new.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2010