Is this normal, after merina insert??

So I just got my merina put in TODAY...like 2 hours ago, came home and went pee and had a pretty big clot come out...is this normal? I usually wear tampons all the time (i even set my alarm to get up at night and change them) so I have no clue what normal is lol...I do feel a little crampy but nothing bad or intolderable. Thanks! :)

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Health

• Some clotting can be normal even with a normal period, it just indicates heavy bleeding. If the clotting continues for more than a couple days or they are bigger around than a quarter, give your ob/gyn a call and see what they say. I had some clotting after I had the Mirena inserted but it was minimal and only lasted a day or two.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I had clotting for 6 months and my OBGYN did nothing about it. She said it was normal. GL!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I got it removed after 6 months. It wasn't worth what I went through. The clotting was just one of the side effects I had.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I had some clotting for a couple of days. My mirena so far has been great. I have not had a period since about a week after insertion. No crazy side effects like I did on the pill or patch.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• @ Mom - You're lucky. I was on my period the entire time I had it, and I gained 60 lbs. Not fun!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Razelda, so did the clotting stop or lessen after 6 months? Thanks for the answers both of you! :)
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010