what is the diffrence between being in love and loving?

how do you tell the diffrence between being in love with a person and just loving them?

luvinmybabis

Asked by luvinmybabis at 5:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, when you're in love you yearn for that person, you feel like %100 when you're near them, they help your good qualities shine, you feel like a million bucks. When you "just love" someone, but are not "in love" with them...you certainly care for that person, but they just don't make your toes curl, they don't make you yearn for them, You don't feel on top of the world with them. There is a difference. I have loved some of my previous boyfriends, but one i found true love....it was like 1000 times better. I felt on top of the world when i finally found the real thing. I still feel that way!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I remember a friend of mine telling me how she was talking to her (then) husband. She told him "I love you but I'm not in love with you.". He said "What do you mean?" She told him "I love my mom but I'm not IN LOVE with my mom". He then understood what she was telling him.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Time will tell. Loving lasts longer than being in love.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have no clue!
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Well I love my dog but I am not in love with my dog. In love implies a mutual relationship.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i dont know how i really feel about that if i really found love the way i thought of it
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think you can love many people, friends, family, pets, but you can really only be in love with one person, and that is the person you want to be with, to share your life and home with, to raise a family with (or share your family with), to join your family with his. I love many of my friends, but I sure don't want to share their families! :)
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 10:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2010