Avoiding an induced labor?

Im now 36 weeks and really dont want an induced labor. I wanted to know how the rest of you have been able to avoid the induciton. What tips or tricks worked for you to induce your labor?

SunshineSandie

Asked by SunshineSandie at 5:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nothing works to "induce" labor. Your baby will come when your baby is ready..
    The only things that you can do is walk, try having sex, and squats to help your baby get in the head down position and help ripen your cervix for labor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i did not go to the hospital, that is how i avoided it. I had my baby in a birth center.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 5:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Why do you think your labor will have to be induced? As long as you and your baby are healthy and doing well you can safely go to 42 weeks without induction.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I've been induced twice. If you want to avoid an induction, then just don't get induced. There's no reason to induce unless you have medical concerns.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I won't be setting foot in a hospital, that's how.

"average" gestation is 38-42 weeks. I have known women who go to 45 weeks. Baby will come when baby is ready.
    eeyore530

Answer by eeyore530 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Avoid hiring a surgeon (OB).
    Avoid birthing in a hospital.
    Prepare your mind-body-spirit.
    Get support!

At the very least you can self-educate on understanding how to weigh risks when interventions are suggested
    and get great help to accomplish your preferences -- like a birth doula!

:-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Why would you want to try to induce yourself if you don't want to be induced ? ?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My doctor tried to induce me three days after my due date. I refused. He induced two of my friends 3 days after their due dates for no medical reason, and both ended up with c-sections. I was in labor for a total of 13 hours, 6 of those were the hardest, and pushed four times and my son was out. If I had've been induced, my uterus could've been hyperstimulated, which can cause fetal distress or ended up with a c-section and they're much harder to recover from, so I've heard. I know how hard it is at the end, I tried everything! Walking, just made me tired; sex, last thing on my mind; eating raw pineapple, just made my mouth sore. As soon as I stopped trying, I had my son at 40 w 4d. A lot of moms just want their baby out but you have to stop and think..If my baby were ready, wouldn't he/she come on his/her own? Just be patient, it's your body and your baby. You don't HAVE to be induced w/o medical reason
    KellansMama13

Answer by KellansMama13 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• That's easy. Don't be induced. How can you be induced if you stop allowing cervical checks and you never go in to the hospital for a medical induction?

And I have to ask, why do you want to induce yourself but you say you don't want to be induced? What?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• all three times i had to be induced cause the cord was around the baby's neck. i had no choice
    ashes331

Answer by ashes331 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2010