Getting a marriage proposal

I have been with my SO 15 months...we fell in love pretty quickly and have been living together since March. We are both divorced and were married to horribly abusive people. We have developed the most amazing relationship of trust, sharing, devotion and mutual respect. Things neither of us has ever experienced before. He initially said he would NEVER again get married, but the other day told me he has changed his tune and may...and if he did, it would definitely be to me. He told me he loves me more than he can say. He is all I ever dreamt of and tells me often that he loves who he is around me and how i treat him. I am dying for him to propose...I want to nudge him...HOW??? What can I do to show him that getting remarried is OK, and safe with me. How can I convince him that it is the right thing to do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I know its hard but be patient Christmas is right around the corner and you never know if he is planning a christmas or even a new years proposal my fiance proposed to me a week before christmas 2 years ago (he wanted to do it on christmas but we opened our gifts early)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i agree with 405mom
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Why rush it? If he just told you this the other day, then maybe he's just getting comfortable with the idea of marriage again. I think it would do more harm than good to push him. Give him time to feel comfortable and do it when it's right for him.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I agree with MeandMyBabes....Don't rush it. He'll propose whe HE'S ready to.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• yeah i agree with all the ladies yeah just be patient when the time is right it will happen dont rush into it
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You can always propose to him. :)
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 10:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• be patient...i've lived with my SO for almost 4 years and he still hasnt proposed. we basically live as a married couple, just without the liscence. we've talked about it and i know he considers it. he said that theres no way he would even be in a committed relationship with anyone but me, much less consider marrying anyone else ever. it doesnt matter much to me because im not sure i ever want to get married again...but if he does propose, i will say yes. im going to let him do it in his own time so that i know he truly means it.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010