Pelvic bone pain

I'm 13 1/2 wks along and I'm having pelvic pain, not my vjay or joints, it feels like the actual bones very low there. The pain runs across the area where my legs and pelvis meet. Nothing helps. it hurts worse to lay down and sit than stand. Anyone had this? Should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Actually I did have pain like that with my first pregnancy and I remember the dr telling em its just my body stretching and getting ready for baby. But it was 5 years ago so I could be wrong.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 9:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• it is your pelvic girdle stretching and preparing for birth. I know this because I visited my OB today and explained similar pain I was having. She explained that physical therapy is an option if it gets too bad but that it is completely normal. I know...normal can really suck, huh?
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I had extreme pain there also with my second child!! It hurt to sit, it hurt to stand, it hurt to walk, it hurt to sleep... I know, I can sympathize!! The other poster was right, there is a small cartilage disc in the very front of your pelvis that stretches/seperates when your body prepares for birth. It's totally normal and the lower the baby drops, the more pressure and pain you will feel. The only thing that helped relieve my pain at all was when I slept, I put a couple pillows between my knees to kind of relieve a little pressure and realign the pelvis. I wish I could tell you there is a magic cure, but mine didn't go away until after the baby came!
    calebncolesmama

Answer by calebncolesmama at 10:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Lol that does suck. Gotta love the pregnant body. I'll try the pillow thing. I have an appt with my dr on the 10th. If nothing better then I'll bring it up.
    Anonymous

• Your joints are just getting looser because of the pregnancy. Your pelvis isn't a solid piece it's 2 pieces that usually don't move at all. Now with the pregnancy, they're spreading wider and it hurts like hell! Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2008