What can I feed my 19 month old that she will actually eat?????

I think I might have the pickiest little eater ever. I can't begin to explain how frustrating this is as I guess I just can't settle with the idea that she will eat when she is hungry. Truth is, I just can't believe some days how she survives off the little bit of food she does eat. I have tried to offer her EVERYTHING... I started with healthy only options... then I decided to try Mac n' Cheese or chicken nuggets or spaghetti o's , I've tried pancakes, french toast, cereal, PB&J, all the things you would think a toddler would gobble up. Nope. She wont eat it. I can usually get her to eat some cottage cheese and/or yogurt which I guess I can't complain. But how is she going to get her iron? She wont eat meat and rarely touches beans. HELP! Any suggestions. Anyone out there have the same problem. (if you can't tell, I'm a first time mom.. and first time with any child experience...)

hollysybb

Asked by hollysybb at 6:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep offering her everything that you eat. She needs to get used to different textures, tastes, etc. She will eventually start eating all kinds of stuff. Give her a Pediasure also. Make sure it is ice cold, tastes like a shake. Remember that a serving size for a toddler is just a tablespoon or two. They have tiny bellies that don't take much to fill.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• have you tried tuna or the little toddler sausages by gerber.... How about the Gerber toddler meals or snacks?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• u should try Pediasure, ( a healthy drink for kids) it has everything a child needs in bottle including iron..... the come in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry..... my daughter was the same all she wanted to drink was milk..... she 23 months now n pretty much eat everything... but keeps trying i know she'll come around..........  good

kidsrablessing

Answer by kidsrablessing at 7:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• just keep giving her finger foods....especially, the toddler finger foods like stars....see if those will work.....i just get a plate or bowl and putl little items in them...just let her play with it...i let her see me eat one...eventually she started eating. ...Toddlers are very picky eaters ..they have the taste bud they like.
    FayMeek

Answer by FayMeek at 11:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Does she eat oatmeal? Yuo could sneak some iron in that.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2010