• In the Spotlight:

Scientologists?

Anyone here belong to the church of Scientology? I don't... I was just curious if it's still just a rich-and-famous club, or if it's spread to the mases yet.

MamaLion82007

Asked by MamaLion82007 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• There has to be at least ONE person on here that belongs to it...
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I think it's mostly an LA thing...though there is a "church" here in my small city.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 9:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• There's a Church of Scientology in Charlotte, NC. I've driven by it a few times, it's actually quite small compared to the huge versions I see on TV in California :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• There's a church here in Rockford, Illinois as well.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Theirs a "church" near me , it's in Cincinnati OH, I actually dated a man who was a scientoligist. I learned alot about them, and read alot of books, even went to some classes. But it cost alot of money to be one. Alot of their stuff makes sense, but in the end I found it wasn't for me. Luckily before I spent alot of money.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• hm....i do not want to offend anyone....but if you really read up on what they believe...im a huge lover of science fiction books and fantasy novels....and tahts is exactly what it sounsd like. coincidentally the creator of scientology was an author...who wrote science fiction books for a living. if you ara scient. more power to you, if it makes you happy....but me personally.....i find it amusing and im a really open minded person but ..its just ridiculous
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• there is one here in my town too. But its never 'open' the lights are always off. and i never see anyone around it. all the cars parked there are for the busy political office next door to it.
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 2:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2008