Is it a good idea to use a pack ad play for a crib?

I am having twins and we are only living in the place we are now for the first two months after they are born. You think a pack and play with a full bassesnet is a good idea?

blurrygirl

Asked by blurrygirl at 6:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its fine, lots of people do it, and babies r us actually has matress cut to fit pack n plays now..they are near as cushy as normal crib matresses but they are better than the even worse pack n play flooring that comes with them. :) Good luck with your twins.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No. They are not stable enough. As soon as the baby can roll over,they can tip the playyard over. Also if they push their face up to the mesh they can have problems breathing.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I used a pack-n-play as a crib for my youngest LO because we've been traveling frequently. Definitely had to have something portable. Never had an issue using it either, when she was old enough to be mobile I took the top part off and she started sleeping in the bottom half.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• no baby has died from mesh, seriously, if mesh wasnt safe they wouldnt use it on the pack n plays. I used the basenette part with my daughters (not twins) and they did fine. My daughters have also both slept in pack in plays neumerous times when visiting my parents, again no problems. If you dont have the room for cribs then you simply dont have room, they will be fine.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think they are fine, especailly if it's for only 2 months. My daughter slept in one for the first 5 months and never had an issue.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 6:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I used one for my son when he was a baby cause we had no money for a crib. I think its fine when they are really little, once they get bigger and can pull themselves up then no but until then i see no problem with it, my son survived just fine.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• thats what i used with my 2nd and 3rd children and will with this one dont listen to people who have no clue like butterfly obviously doesnt i have NEVER had any of my kids roll over and tip it over because by the time they are rolling over they are sleeping in the playpen w/o the bassinet attatchment on top and why the hell would they have breathing problems from mesh? YOU CAN BREATH THRU THE PRETTY GOOD SIZED HOLES
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes it should be fine.My friend has been using one for a long time and has had no problems with it.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 8:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• That is all my son slept in for 6 months b/c that was the only way he would sleep. Then he slept in it when he went grandma/grandpas from 13 months+on.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2010