What was Mohammed's prophesy? I heard at a conference the son of Hamas say Mohammed had no prophesy. Is that true?

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 6:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Good question!
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• http://www.alislam.org/library/articles/prophecies.html

Are these it? seriously? I'm not trying to be rude I really want to know if you are a Muslim are these it?

JCRestoredme

Comment by JCRestoredme (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• From what I've read, prophecies are supposed to be specific. If these are they claim are Mohamed's (sp?) prophecies, I don't think they count. They are too general.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• The presence of extra-terrestrial life has been proved by scientists...

I'm Catholic but wanted to respond because I read the link you provided and saw ^ above.  Has extra-terrestrial life been proved?  Are we talking intelligent life, or the possible water on Mars, or bacteria from another planet?

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• flatlanderjenn

So far as I know, it hasn't been. I think they've found evidence of possible microscopic life sometime in the past, but as far as something equivalent to us, no.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• That site is not entirely accurate. It seems to grasp at anything it can and does a poor job when Islam's prophecies are well documented. For example the one about female infanticide may also be relative to abortion but it was specific to the arabian people of the time who would bury their infant daughters alive because they only valued boys. It is not a prophecy but a warning to the people to stop this abhorrent practice. This site is better.
    http://www.islamawareness.net/Prophecies/
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Interesting ... thanks Cassandra
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Do you mean prophecy that was said by Muhammed or prophecy of the Bible Muhammed fulfilled?
    heatkab2

Answer by heatkab2 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

How about both ... I've never head any of his prophecies.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I'm wondering what was Muhammed's prophesy? Have they been fulfilled?

Also, where there prophesies that foretold Muhammed's coming?

For example there were over 360 prophecies foretold about the coming Jewish Messiah - hundreds of years before Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Jesus fulfilled all 365 of these prophecies. Of these 360+ prophecies, there are 109 that only Jesus (Yeshua) could have fulfilled.

JCRestoredme

Comment by JCRestoredme (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010