Is there anyway to lessen the chance of having a miscarriage?

I know theres no way to make sure I don't have one... I just want to know if anyone knows any ways to lessen the chance.

hmhmom

Asked by hmhmom at 6:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take physical care of your body before you get pregnant, no smoking, no drinking, eat healthy food, drink low suger drinks... have light excersize but not super hard or contact excersize... ask your doctor and make a plan.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 6:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Take it easy and eat right. Keep the stress down to a minimum. Also, make sure you stay away from caffeine for the most part...if you're a soda drinker, there's caffeine free kinds. Also, no heavy lifting! That can really cause some issues.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Everything Donna said, except you can exercise has hard as you want, as long as you don't do contact sports once you confirm a pregnancy. Plus, if you have hormonal imbalances, correcting those before you become pregnant is a good idea. Chart your cycles and see if there are any glaring deficiencies. Have your thyroid tested.

All this, of course, is assuming you have had multiple miscarriages. If you haven't, then chances are great that you're perfectly healthy :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• If you have had 1 or 2 miscarriages the doctor can do blood work to try and figure out why. In my case I've had miscarriages and my doctor put me on progesterone shots. It helped a lot because I'm now in my 27th week. Eat right, avoid smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol. Take your prenatal every day

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I wish there was a magic answer. I had two miscarriages and I did everything by the book. I had already had two perfectly healthy pregnancies and then lost two. My only suggestion would be to have your doctor monitor your progesterone level, eat healthy and take your vitamins.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2010