Daughter sick with a stomach bug-suggestions and help please

My 2 1/2 year old daughter is sick with a stomach bug and shes been throwing up for a few hours now. I got her emitrol and am giving it to her in small incriments to help her keep it down, but it isnt working and she is getting fluids, but is throwing those up as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Im sure its a viral thing, since a few members of my family has had this recently. I want to help her and I've run out of options, so I turn to you ladies. Any help, would be appreciated. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• all my mom told me to do when my daughter was sick is to keep fluids in her because if she's going to throw up it's better to throw up what she just drank rather than stomach acid. Make sure she's getting tylenol and/or motrin for body ache and/or fever too. The other thing is rest, lots and lots of rest.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 9:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• 7up, sherbert, broth, crackers, dry toast, popsicles. If nothing stays down get her to the ER ASAP. Dehydration is serious in young children
    Wolfmother

Answer by Wolfmother at 11:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Watch her saliva - if its dry, she's dehydrayed. Get her to ER if that occurs! When my kids were at that age, we all went through it AT THE SAME TIME AND I WAS NUTZ!! (3 kids + me being a single mom!!) so, the doctor gave me something to insert in their bottoms. I forget the name of it but it was GOLD!! it stopped the barfing! popcicles are great - even homemade ones. Good luck, mama!
    Anonymous