what is the best way to clean mold in my tiled shower??

I am in a new place and I have a tiled standing shower that keeps getting molded where the grout is, esp in the corners. I clean it once a week, but clearly the product I am using is not working because its coming back way to fast.
What is the BEST product to sanitize it and make it sparkling white?? (please also let me know if I should use a brush, sponge, paper towel...ect)

jc20089

Asked by jc20089 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have started useing the fan in the bathroom (you know the one in the ceiling) and a portible fan tower in the bathroom while showering, it has slowed down the growth of mold for us.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• keep it dry.!!!! they have those clorox bleach pens too. or get a paper towel with bleach and set it on it while you clean the rest of the bathroom and remove and rinse.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Scrub brush and bleach.

Answer by louise2 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• A cheap spray bottle filled with part bleach and water. works for me!!! First turn on fan if bathroom has one!!!
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 7:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have tried many things, and the most successful thing I have found, is to spray the tile before you get in to shower,
    everytime with plain old window cleaner like windex, then when I shower every morning, I just wipe down the tiles with a
    wash cloth, and it just takes a few quick minutes. It works great!!!!
    Adm.Assistant

Answer by Adm.Assistant at 7:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• 50/50 water bleach in a sprayer.
    dry walls after every shower with an old towel
    regrout
    fan outlet in ceiling or open door
    always use vinegar/ water spray on walls.

coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 7:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i heard you should not use bleach and vinegar on grout. i heard the acid makes the grout more habitable to mold.
    i use baking soda and a toothbrush, and i use a squeegee after showers.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• The mold spores are probably deep in the grout, so unless you can kill those spores, the mold will keep coming back. A steam cleaner will kill the mold spores all the way deep down in the grout, which will slow down, or even completely stop, the growth. Additionally, you need to keep your bathroom humidity down by using a fan to vent the bathroom while you are in there (if there is no ceiling fan, then leave your bathroom door open to vent the humidity). Wiping or using a squeegee on the walls will help, too.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We use a squeegee type thing to remove all the water and then dry it with an old towel. I do this everyday.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I am staying at my momĀ“s and her shower gets really gross very often. I have been using straight bleach (it is killing me) but it makes it sparkling white. We use the fan too!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2010