My son got a cut on his forehead today....

I really DONT know what it was from. He didnt cry or anything. He didnt tell me he was even hurt. I just noticed he had a bit of blood on his face. I cleaned it out really good for at least 5 minutes. It looked kinda deep... I put a bandaid on it and it stoped bleeding . Now its more like a bump with very little brusing. He is two and a half and this is his 1st booboo with blood. Am I freaking out for nothing? Its really small.. MAYBE 1/8 of an inch.

SexxyMomma26

Asked by SexxyMomma26 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol he will be fine.. u r freakin out for nothing now when something doesnt stop bleeding....then freak out
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• lol okay =) Thank you!

and i guess i forgot to mention i took him to the hospital lol
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• lol thats funny.. well better to be safe then sry
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• lol I know omg i deff had a mommy moment
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• dang, girl... my son is 15 mo and has a new bump or bruise every day. He plays with his big bros a lot though. Hes a boy, and they play rough. My 10 yr old has been in the ER every 1 1/2 - 2 years since he was 8 months old! He's the daredevil of the crowd tho. Good luck!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If it isn't gaping open, the band aid is fine. If it's gaping try a butterfly strip. If it won't close then stitches are in order, but it sounds like the band aid was the fix for this one.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• He'll be fine, don't worry! Cleaning it as well as you did was the right thing to do. Just brace yourself this is the first of many boo boo's...with a boy!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• oh he's fine. expect more....
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2008