Money issues...

When my bf and I first met, I had a great job and he had jobs here and there. Well I continued to work at my job til just recently and since I have been a stay at home mom. Luckily he got some work and he has been working for the last few weeks to pick up on the slack! I never hastled my bf for money whenever he needed it and I never gave him a generous amount of money but just enough for whatever he may need for the day. Anyhow, now i don't have a paycheck coming in and he is the source of income. Why does he hastle me when he gets cash? He says he's just kidding and he wants me to handle all the money as far as paying bills, spending cash, etc. But when payday comes and I try to take care of business I get given such a hard time and he just wants to spend spend spend when bills and other things need to be paid! Is this a guy thing? What do I do?!

JONNAE

Asked by JONNAE at 7:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go back to work. So you do not have to deal with him and his money.

Answer by louise2 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No, he is immature and controlling.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• have his check direct deposited and have bills automatically withdrawn. the rest is spending $$$
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Not it's not a guy thing. Only a immature person would spend money they know needs to go to bills. If he can't be responsible, you may need to sit him down and let him know that you will go back to work if need be and then things can be seperate until he can budget better.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I agree with teh others, hes not responsible with the money. And even if he says hes kidding, if he does it over and over again I dont think hes kidding maybe hes testing how far he can go.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It sounds like he is immature,you really need to sit him down and talk to him,or go back to work one.It's not gut thing ,I have a sister who is 12 years older than me,she live our mom because she can't rather shoppe than pay her bills.It pisses me off.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Have you ever thought about working from home to make some extra for yourself? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 19 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:18 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It is not a guy thing, it is a control thing. If I were you, I would go back to work, and tell him now that is what you are going to do because of the way he handles the cash. Also, it might help if you set up a budget. Seeing in black & white what has to be paid could be a wake up for him if you've always handled things.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I don't understand why you would leave a good-paying job, without a replacement source of income.

Clean up your resume, update your Linkedin profile, and get back to work

Answer by rkoloms at 11:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Definitely go back to work. It's obvious, to me, that he still thinks that what's his is still his.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010