• In the Spotlight:

How do I locate an Army soldier's CO?

My daughter's father went in the Army about a year ago. We have court ordered child support but it is based off of what he was making before enlisting. He is now out of the country and I am trying to file for child support modification. At the court, they tell me I have to have the exact amount of what he is making in writting since they cannot serve him the papers ( since he is out of the country). So either he has to send me the info in writing, which of course he refuses to do, or they suggested I contact his CO to get the info. I know he is in South Korea but I have no other info on his location ( not even a phone #). Is there anyone who can tell me how to contact his CO in order to file my papers?

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• All you have to know is his rank. U.S. Military base pay scales are the same everywhere.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• not if he's out of the country. he could be getting COLA.
    Anonymous

• now what the hell makes the court think that jerk is willingly gonna give you papers? I swear...if he was a decent guy you wouldnt need to do such things...bunch of jerks
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Anon number 1..notice i said BASE PAY.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• thanks, I know i can find his base pay as long as the rank on my daughter's military id is still his rank, it's been over a year so he may have moved up. The other thing is I know he gets quit a bit more from the military from allowences and special pay, that's why I need to contact his CO because I think that will be the only way to get it.
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010