Do you play an insturment? Which one? How old were you when you started?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I played the cello in grade school. I even made it on the State Orchestra. I quit in High School and regretted it deeply. I was never able to get back into it.
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 11:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I play piano and clarinet. I started piano when I was 8 years old and took lessons til I graduated. I started playing again about 3 years ago. I started clarinet when I was 11 and played for 4 years and quit, and just started playing again in our church orchestra about a year ago.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I started violin at school in third grade. They didn't let kids start wind instruments until 4th or 5th grade back then. Not sure what the standards are today. Would love to know though. I'd love for the twins to play an instrument. Trying not to rush it though. They are only 2.5 lol.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 2:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I play the piano & started taking lessons when I was 11 yrs. old.
    Tweeby

Answer by Tweeby at 6:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• same as tweeby! I started taking lessons in piano when I was 10. I still enjoy it today(when I find time). We have a keyboard, I have fun playing that also, tho my dh plays it more than me. He also plays the fiddle.
    merryheart

Answer by merryheart at 11:52 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I used to play the flute and the violin. I started playing flute in 5th grade (so I was 10). I played for 2 years then quit because it was too expensive for my parents at the time (even though it was only $20 a month rental).

Then when I started high school I learned to play the violin. I was 14. I was in the school orchestra for 3 years but I haven't played since I graduated. I really miss it and wish I could have gotten one of the school's used violins they were selling. I want to teach my kids to play.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Whistle i was like 8 lol !!!
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Trumpet, started in 5th grade.
    MistyDC29

Answer by MistyDC29 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Yes I play the violin, i began in the 6th grade, then took a seven yr vacation from it, when i got married, and now i play every now and then,
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 7:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2008