Pelvic/genital pain

I went to the OB today and explained to her about the weird pelvic pain I am experiencing. I am aware that muscles are stretching and that can cause pain and tenderness but this feeling is so weird. A few weeks ago it started as pressure in my vaginal area (and my butt cheeks, too). When I walk, get out of bed, etc. It hurts. Well, a couple of days ago it radiated to my labia and this is real PAIN!! It feels like after you have had rough or repeated sex (sorry if TMI but you know what I mean). Very sore and hard to walk. My OB said if it gets worse, that I can get physical therapy as it could interfere with L&D!! AHHH!! Anybody else experience this and do you have any remedies for relief?

MammaMia72

Asked by MammaMia72 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it is called Pubic Symphysis and is treatable with physical therapy. If you ladies are experiencing it and it is interrupting your life, tell your OB. Apparently, there is relief out there.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i had it with my 1st baby and i have it with this one lol i do not know how to make it go away though just wanted to let u know its nothing to worry about
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• HOW FAR ALONG R U? I HAD THIS WITH ALL MY PREG ITS NOT THAT PAINFUL BUT IT FEELS WEIRD AND IM ONLY 9 WEEKS AND ALREADY FEELING IT THIS TIME I THINK ITS CUZ THE BABY IS LOW
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I am 22 weeks and have had it for several weeks now. The labia pain is new and that was what had me concerned. I am carrying high so for me, that is not the reason. Did you do anything for it?
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• NO I JST DEALT WITH IT WALKING IS WHAT WUD MAKE IT START AND SOMETIMES I CUD FEEL IT IF I SAT 2 LNG I THINK IT IS THE WEIGHT OF THE BABY AND UR UTERUS JST EVERTHING PUTTING PRESSURE DWN THERE
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2008