Why is all the talk about the "middle class"? What about us poor people?

All I hear about is "how the middle class is hurting" . Last time I heard, middle class are the ones making around $100,000.00 a year. If they are hurting how about the one making less than that? I do know alot of people making less than $50,000.00 a year or less., including us. What about them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Kudos on that. I wish I was making $100,000 a year. If my husband and I were bringing in $100,000 a year, I'd feel like a millionaire!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, we're lucky if we bring in $10,000 a year...
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• ~shoots coffee out of my nose~
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well Obama also talks about the school teachers, florists, and joe plumbers have you who he will be helping. They all make less than 100,000 a year so i think it means in general middle class. Yea if i made 100,000 I too would feel like upper class! lol. My husband is a student, Im a sahm, and we live off of those taxes that are put towards student loans! We are on food stamps, and we do have medicaid. We are poor too, but will be voting for Obama!
    Anonymous

• Hummm, insurance for everybody! At the tax payers expense. Maybe you will feel differently when your boss has to fire 4 people on his 7 person staff to GIVE them insurance coverage. We make more money than some, less than others. We struggle every week to make ends meet. We make too much to get any 'assistance' from the state, and insurance is too high for us. So what are we, the ones left out of Obama's plan, the self employed to do? The people we employ will be out of a job. Because we will not be able to afford their insurance, we will have to kick our mother out and tell her, sorry your on your own financially and otherwise. Because we can no longer afford to care for you because we HAVE to pay insurance for the remaining 3 or 4 people at the office. Tell me again how this is a good thing??? Please help me see the 'Golden ticket' here.

texanmommy

Answer by texanmommy at 9:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• lol!! I see the future.......... It is called 'The Divided states of Obama'! lol
    texanmommy

Answer by texanmommy at 10:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• we definitely make less than 50,000 a year, more like 15-20,000 and that varies greatly! i would really like to know the answer to the Q.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 10:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Okay, I will be nice. The thing that is going to happen if all this comes to pass, is that there will no longer have a middle class. You will only have one class, and we will all be broke, living off big government. Because all the people who own a business will have gone under due to all they have give their employees. When the small business owners are regulated they will cease to be. Gee ain't it great living in the land of the FREE.....free cheese, free food, free insurance, free everything....EXCEPT for the people still willing to work to support everyone else in this country. Who is going to free them?

texanmommy

Answer by texanmommy at 10:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• can I get an AMEN?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• amen, sistas!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008