How old were you when you started wearing make-up??

AND what do you think is an appropriate age for girls to start wearing make-up on a regular basis??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• About 15. I think girls at any age are beautful without makeup. Magazines, TV and Ads are geared to make us feel "less than" without looking a certain way. Make-up is fun, the real beauty is on the inside.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 8:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I wore a little lipstick when I was 14 or 15. But that didn't last long. I think a girl should not be wearing makeup until they start high school.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I started makeup when i was 12-13 years old. But my mother always told me i have too much on and made me take it off. So i'd start sneaking it lol. But I agree with Fallaya, at least highschool or 7-8th grade.
    Veronica-Lynn

Answer by Veronica-Lynn at 8:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• at 12 i only wore bonne bell lip glosses and could use nail polish, and shaved my legs just cause i almost got made fun of for even light hairs in gym, so my mother let me. at 14 i think is fine to experiment its actually very artistic and lots of fun, and can RAISE esteem especially when the girl knows she doesnt NEED ti but it is fun. my mother was very distant about it not girly, so it was all up to me to go to the drug stores and look around... i loved it and still do. it can enhance you know. just dont let a daughter think she is nothign without it and praise her even when she is goig natural, which should be more foten than the makeup effects. i have a seven month old daughter and will guide her to be herself with or without. and confident. my son doesnt like me with makeup and he is 7 but he istolerant of me lol,
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• 13. By 7th grade or so,but no more than powder and mascara

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• when I was about 15 I started a little bit but mostly just lip gloss nothing more.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I was in 9th grade (14).  It was foundation, concealer, blush, powder    I didn't do eye makeup until high school (10th grade). I don't see any reason for girls to wear more than lip gloss any sooner. Of course, there are always special circumstances, like dance recitals, or plays.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 8:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• When I was 12 or 13, I think. There wasn't anything that I wasn't allowed to wear, except for colors. Like I wasn't allowed black shadow or think black eyeliner or black lipstick, red lipstick, dark eye shadows, dark lipsticks. I think everything else was ok. The issue with black makeup wasn't an established rule until I started to walk out of the house with thick liner, black and white shadow, and heavy mascara when I was 13 or 14. My mom tried to stop it, but I'd just take it to school and put it on. Looking back I think it's really funny how everyone told her and believed that was just a phase that all kids go through. Now here I am almost 10 years later, same old me, only with more freedom.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Oh and I think that 11 or 12 is an ok earliest age for makeup.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• we where not aloud to wear make at all i started to wear on my wedding day
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010