What I can I expect from a hysterectomy

Im a little nervous and curious about the recovery.

JasonAidan

Asked by JasonAidan at 9:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• It depends. If they're doing it vaginally, you'll have a shorter recovery time than if they have to cut you open. Know what I mean? I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure it's a scary time for you. Be strong. My mother had a hysterectomy about 10 years ago. She had to take it really easy for a while, but if I remember right, she felt fine in a few weeks. Good luck.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I had a complete hysterectomy 3 yrs ago and by far the easiest and best thing I ever did! I had vaginal and I also had them remove EVERYTHING!! No more paps! No more concern of HPV or cirvical cancer!! Yay! Good luck! BTW, if you are having overies and cervix removed also, you will go thru early menopause - nothing to worry about, but you may want something to help keep your energy up. Mine lasted about 4 mos and I took Estrin-D (OTC) and it worked great! I even lost 50 lbs!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008