If you don't celebrate Halloween, what do you do on that day?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 8:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• There is a fall festival that night at our church. It isn't that I DON'T celebrate but I go to the church because their friends are there and I know it is safe. Plus they have games and a bounce house to burn off the sugar. :)
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 8:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• our church has a little harvest festival with games and stuff. dh was all into halloween, i'm not. so we've agreed if for some reason we don't go to church, we can take them trick or treating, only they're not allowed to dress up as something evil or scary.
    Anonymous

• Growing up we did not celebrate and it would just be like any other normal night except we usually tried to make it look like no one was home because it was hard telling everyone that came to the door that we did not celebrate. To much for little ones and their parents did not want to hear it so it was just easier that way.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• There is a fall festival that night at our church.

My neighbors do this as well, the kids dress up and they come home with a bag full of candy- looks like Halloween to me,but she claims its not-go figure ;)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'd imagine its treate dlike the day before was and the day after will be. Just another day.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I'm going to church, just like every other Sunday!
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 6:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Just a normal average day for us. Nothing special. Go to the Kingdom Hall, maybe visit some friends, maybe watch a movie
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 5:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We use to not celebrate Halloween either, its just like any other day, you don't miss what you aren't used to doing.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We still painted pumpkins (our son is too young to carve) and decorated our porch with them and some red apples. We made fall decorations with construction paper leaves and crayons to celebrate the fall season. We bought some candy. We don't have a statement to make against the holiday and when our son is older I'm sure we will participate a few times. Each fall we have made it more important to go to a cider mill or pumpkin patch to get some cider and doughnuts and to take a hay ride.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We have fall festival at our church.
    crazymomof2374

Answer by crazymomof2374 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2010