Is your husband A.D.D?

Mine is and it drives me crazy!He doesn't plan things out ,he just does them.Like he's out of a job and he takes career classes but doesn't do the job afterward because it's too hard for him.If he had spent a little more time,planning--looking into the job before taking the class he would of saved himself countless hours of agony.Mine likes to wait to the last minute and then do everything,instead of doing things one by one.He has a problem with impulse control,he can't control his impulses.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 9:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm trying understand this A.D.D. I know people who have this can't always help themselves to do the right thing.I'm curious to know more about it and to try to understand it.Mine is very active as well,he can't relax,his mind is always going.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• my so has it he will buy a old car to fix up and then stop in the middle of it sell it and buy another. I cant get him to finish anything straight through. and i am constantly asking him if he it paying attention.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'm ADD but I'm the opposite of your husband because I'm also OCD everything is planned out for me. I'm just REALLY good at multitasking LOL

I do have some impulse problems but that's from Manic/Depressive disorder. If I'm manic I just kinda go crazy...mainly too much shopping.

was he clinically diagnosed or just a hunch he's ADD? There are medicines that can help.
    Anonymous

• I don't think what you describe is A.D.D.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• He hasn't been tested.He's not that bad.i wish he could be tested now and get some help from the state,he really needs it.He's sorda compulsive too,he needs everything to be clean and in order.Everything has to be put away in it's place before we leave the house.One time,we were running late for his interview and he HAD to clean the house before he left.He couldn't THINK past the mess,to a more important task.He's easily distrated.Waiting at red lights he will get impatient,so I play around with his mail he's got stashed near by and he immediately turns his attention to that,it's like teasing a kitten,because it's so funny to see how distracted he gets.He doesn't like me touching his mail,because HE'S afraid they will be misplaced or something.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2008