Terror plot thwarted as US-bound explosives seized

I was at work all day, had no idea about anything...until i got on facebook lol. but i just saw this and thought i'd post, for those others out there like me who were at work and knew nothing, or those just interested.

WASHINGTON – Authorities on three continents thwarted multiple terrorist attacks aimed at the United States from Yemen on Friday, seizing two explosive packages addressed to Chicago-area synagogues and packed aboard cargo jets. The plot triggered worldwide fears that al-Qaida was launching a major new terror campaign.
President Barack Obama called the coordinated attacks a "credible terrorist threat," and U.S. officials said they were increasingly confident that al-Qaida's Yemen branch, the group responsible for the failed Detroit airliner bombing last Christmas, was responsible

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101029/ap_on_bi_ge/airports_suspicious_packages

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow. Thank goodness they found it before anything bad happen. That is how it's supposed to work.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• two explosive packages addressed to Chicago-area synagogues and packed aboard cargo jets.

***
    I wonder how Jews will respond in the wake of this incident on Tuesday?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Wonder how this will be spun to make sure the Jewish community to blamed for this? People just can't accept the fact the Jewish community aren't the terrorist. I have a suspicion who did this. I actually heard a report that it is the same cell of jihadist that funded the underwear bomber. If that is true, then we have more muslim jihadist attempting a terror attack.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• jesse

Why would Jews be called terrorists? Why would anyone assume they were sending themselves bombs? and WHO judges a wholecommunity based on the actions of a few??.....o right...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• jesse

------------------------------
    yeah, I am not sure if Jesse knows what she is talkin' about tonight, know what I mean? Hmmm......
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Because, sweet and kerpie, the jihadist and the Palestinians say the terrorists are the Israelis. Don't you ever listen? As we know today, the bombs were fused to explode in flight, so they could have sent it to anyone. It wouldn't have mattered. My point was, we are in a climate of blame anyone and everyone except the jihadist who, like it or not, are Muslims. The jihadist will spin it to try to point fingers or not. They usually aren't scared.

....Jesse knows what she is talkin' about tonight, know what I mean? And neither do you, kerp. My post was at 9:20 AM!!!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2010