i am talking to a dude and i dont know if i am ready for a relationship?

i am the person who left a BAD marriage for safety. now i have interest form a very nice professional man in next state who is polite, gently persitent and seems tolerant and giving... i dont knwo if i am ready to give of myself as my last situation was abusive... should i keep gettign to know him women? i am out of practice and havent really had a lot of male experience in my life. he has answered questions i wanted to know and i am feelign him out if is a weirdo or not. but so far he seems actually sort of cool and neat... i dont know. i dont even knwo if i want companionship form "them" men lol. hmm.

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 8:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• How long were you in your last relationship? And how long has it been since you left?
    A good ruke of thumb is, it takes half the amount of time you were with someone to get over them.
    Definitely get to know this guy more... I'm sure you "got to know" your ex, and then things went south, So I would be really cautious about jumping into another relationship.And be honest with this guy.Tell him you want to take it slow, get to know each other, and not rush into anything. You came out of a bad relationship, and you want to be sure that the next time wont be the same. If he is a good and decent guy, he will understand.
    But, to be honest, it sounds like you may not want to get into anything like that yet if you feel like "i dont even knwo if i want companionship form "them"
    My advice, take time for you. Find yourself without someone. Do what you want, and enjoy being single. And one day, poof..mr right will just show up. :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Who said you had to get into a relationship now? Continue to get to know each other until you are comfortable and feel ready. If it is meant to be then he will still be there.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• ok great thanks guys!! women! : )
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2010