What should be done about the illegal aliens that our in the U.S. getting free benefits through their children?

I've read the responses about the plight of the poor children and how they cannot be denied a free education, free medical, free housing and food (which benefits their illegal parents as well)...but the issue remains that these childrens' parents are in this country illegally and are breaking the law...what should we do to fix this problem? ....and on a second note how many of you say we shouldn't be in Iraq....but what about those children and the help they need like an education, medical services, housing and food from a terrorist regime?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Ugh..you should get off cafemom and call your representative
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 10:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• The whole situation with people here illegally from Mexico is - interesting. A reporter today said that money being sent by Mexicans to their families at home is Mexico's SECOND LARGEST SOURCE OF INCOME, after their oil revenues. ... !!! ... No wonder the Mexican gov't publishes illustrated brochures explaining how to get into the U.S. illegally and evade law enforcement. It is so exploitive for the notoriously corrupt Mexican gov't to avoid pressure from their citizens to improve the conditions in Mexico by sending their jobless men over here to help out the many families in destitute poverty. That way they don't have to do anything to help their own destitute and uneducated; they can just go on robbing their country and its citizens. Aarghh.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 10:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We should declare war on Mexico and take it. Go in there and fix it up like we did California.

Isn't the US the most important country in the world? LOL
    Anonymous

• Forget their children! Send them back from whence they came with their children! When the kids are old enough if they are citizens, they should be allowed to return if they wish. Criminals shouldn't be allowed to hide behind children! Illegal immigration is just a drain on our communities.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Hate to break it to ya, but California is a mess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I think that if the child couldn't be used as an "anchor" to keep people here and getting those benefits, it would go a very long way. I think that we should consider a child's citizenship to be the same as their parents' regardless of what country they're born in. If the baby would still be Mexican even if it was born in Arizona, it may deter some (not all) illegal aliens from entering the country specifically to have a baby here and guarantee themselves the government assistance they get right now if their baby is American.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• waldorfmom...I lived in Mexico for many years and their government does not publish illustrated brochures explaining how to get into the U.S. illegally and evade law enforcement.....or at least I never saw anything when I was there but I will say that when I went to report births abroad on my kids the people who handled my case at the american counsel were mexican and did not help me at all and actually made impossible requests to accquire legal status for my kids .....so I had to bring them here illegally ....or come without them .......thinkgs arent always as they seem ......but I do agree that the government is very corrupt and alot of the problem is that people are afraid to stand up for them selves down there its all about who you know and for their own safety they keep quiet
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• maybe we should just start all over kick everyone who ever immigrated here out and just leave the native americans and their descendents ....which by the way includes almost all mexican immigrants ....sounds like a plan to me when do you want to start ...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2008